Designed to provide students and faculty of the University of Utah with excellence in graduate education at the interface of biology and chemistry
- Three independent research tracks: Biochemistry, Chemical Biology/Medicinal Chemistry or Structural Biology/Biophysics
- Choose from more than 55 faculty from the Departments of Biochemistry, Biology, Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry, Oncological Sciences, Pharmaceutics / Pharmaceutical Chemistry, and Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Investigators span diverse disciplines and use chemical or physical approaches to biological problems
- After the first year, students leave the Program and formally join one of the seven science departments above to continue thesis research in the laboratory of a Program faculty member
- Exceptionally strong graduate training environment
- We look forward to hearing from you!
Three independent research tracks enable students to tailor their education in one particular research area.
We seek to understand the chemical and mechanistic aspects of important biological processes.
We develop and apply chemical tools to understand biological problems and to propose biomedical solution.
Biological Chemistry Graduate Students enjoy the following benefits:
- $28,560 fellowship
- $1,000 Starting Allocation
- Tuition Waver
- Health Insurance
- Outstanding Core Facilities
- Collaborative Environment
- Faculty Research Profiles
- Faculty Application to the Biological Chemistry Program
- Faculty Resources Page