USURP is designed specifically for undergraduates who are Utah residents. Preference will be given to students who are not currently enrolled at the University of Utah. Candidates can be attending a College or University either within the State of Utah or outside of the state. Admission to the program is competitive and preference will be given to students who are currently sophomores or juniors.
Students will receive a stipend of $3,500. A number of group activities will be coordinated by the programs to introduce students to and facilitate exploration of the unique Utah landscape.
Students are expected to work full-time in the research laboratory for the duration of the program.
Dates and Deadlines
The dates for the 2014 Summer Undergraduate Research Program are May 27 - August 1, 2014.
Application deadline is February 1, 2014.
Acceptance to the USURP program is highly competitive and applicants must complete the application process by the deadline to be considered for the upcoming summer's program.
- To apply fill out the online application.
- Upload personal statement when submitting the application. The personal statement should be 500 words or less and include:
- your reason for applying
- the research you are interested in conducting
- the technical skills you posses
- your previous research experience
- what you hope to gain from this program
- Upload transcript(s) of all college work
- Submit two letters of recommendation from science faculty members. Letters can be mailed in a sealed envelope (signed over the flap by the recommender) or emailed directly from the recommender to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants will receive notification of the Selection Committee's decision via email. To insure proper delivery of this notification, please add email@example.com to your address book.
Professor of Human Genetics
University of Utah/USURP
15 North 2030 East
EiHG Bldg 533, Rm 5100
Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5330